- Agendas, Highlights & Minutes
- Board Committees
- Contact Your Trustee
- Policies & Procedures
- Parents Matter Committee
- Plans & Reports
- CONTACT US
- Central Office Leadership Team
- Staff Directory
- Media Releases
- Celebrating Chinook's Edge
- Plans & Reports
- Chinook's Edge Advantage
- Contact Communications
- Chinook’s Edge is one of the largest school divisions in the province, serving 11,000 students in 43 schools across Central Alberta
- Chinook’s Edge School Division will engage every student in meaningful learning by challenging, encouraging and believing in them.
- Chinook’s Edge School Division will be universally recognized as a collaborative learning community where learning is personalized for all students to achieve success as compassionate and innovative global citizens.
- QUALITY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT (QLE)
- École Deer Meadow School
- École Olds Elementary School
- Horizon School
- Off Campus Learning Centre
- Olds Career High School
- Olds High School
- Olds Koinonia Christian School
- Reed Ranch School
- Jessie Duncan School
- Penhold Crossing Secondary
- Penhold Elementary School
- RED DEER COUNTY
- Gasoline Alley Career High
- Pine Hill Hutterite School
- Poplar Ridge School
- 2017-2018 Exam Calendar
- AB Government Letter - Bill 1
- Alberta Education Website
- CESD Inclement Weather
- Fentanyl Information
- Kids Plus Accident Insurance
- Out of Area Request
- QuickPay - Online Fee Payment
- Safety Response Summary
- School Fees
- Technology Use Agreement
- CESD73 Careers (Twitter)
- Employment Opportunities
- EMPLOYEE SERVICES
- Contact People Services
- Employee Information Form
- Employee Self Services
- Homewood Health
- ID Card Requests
- Interview Information
- People Services Forms
- Record of Employment
- Staff Links
- Teacher Leave Day Request
- Teacher Supervision & Evaluation
- LEARNING SERVICES
- Contact Learning Services
- Career Connections
- CESD Athletic Association
- Essential Outcomes
- Educational Technology
- French Immersion
- High School Redesign
- Indigenous Education (FNMI)
- Learning Support Teams (LSTs)
- Literacy/Reading Framework
- Locally Developed Courses
- Provincial Exams
- Quality Learning Environment
- SYSTEM SERVICES
- Contact System Services
- Administrator's Handbook
- Field Trip Information
- Student Information
- Tech Help Ticketing System
- CORPORATE SERVICES
- Contact Corporate Services
- Corporate Services Forms
- Facilities Services
- Financial Services
- Health & Safety
- Records Management
New School in Penhold
The Latest News
March 1, 2013 - News Release - Chinook’s Edge Board and Superintendent have announced the administration team that will cultivate a culture and vision for the Grade 7-12 school that will open in Penhold in 2014.
November 5, 2012 - News Release - Students, staff and dignitaries came together on November 2 to commemorate the start of construction on the new Grade 7-12 school in Penhold. Please click HERE for photos from the November 2, 2012 event.
September 25, 2012 - News Release - Construction crews are set to start work on a dozen new schools for some of Alberta’s fastest growing communities, creating up to 7,700 new spaces for Alberta students. Please click HERE for photos from the September 25, 2012 announcement.
June 13, 2012 - News Release - The Chinook’s Edge Board of Education has approved a series of school boundary modifications involving schools in the north part of the division, in anticipation of the new school in Penhold opening in September 2014.
February 8, 2012 - News Release - The Chinook's Edge Board of Education passed a motion to formally designate the new school in Penhold as a Grades 7-12 school when it opens in September 2014.
November 7, 2011 - Public Forum in Penhold - We'd like to thank the 100 parents and community members who attended our Public Forum for the New School in Penhold on November 7. Please click on the link for photos and for information that was presented Monday night.
Artist rendering of new school structure
School Floor Plans
(Click above picture... zoom 100% for better viewing)
On May 26, 2011, the Alberta government announced funding for a new school in Penhold. We are excited about this news and are beginning to collaborate with students, parents, community members, and staff as we plan for the school’s opening.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - When will the new school in Penhold open?
A - September 2014
Q - Where will the new school be located?
A - The school will be built adjacent to the Penhold Regional Multiplex. The school will be on the south side of the Multiplex. The two structures
will be attached.
Q - What grade configuration will the new school in Penhold have when it opens?
A - Grades 7-12 (The Board passed a motion formally on February 8, 2012)
Q - What programs will be offered at the new school?
A - Programs include, but are not limited to Art, Band, Drama, CTS Construction (Woods), CTS Fabrication (Metals and Welding), CTS Foods,
CTS Fashion, CTS Cosmetology, CTS Community Health, CTS Media & Technology, Physical Education, Sports Medicine, Fitness,
Health & Wellness, Work Experience & Registered Apprenticeship Program and a full complement of academics including Biology, Physics,
Chemistry, and Math 31.
Q - What will happen to Jessie Duncan School and Penhold School when the new school opens?
A - Chinook’s Edge School Division will utilize all three schools for our children. Jessie Duncan will serve the needs of our youngest children,
starting at the pre-kindergarten level. Penhold School will be the home to students in upper elementary. Exact grade configurations will
be determined within the next few years and will be based on student demographic information.
Q - What will happen to River Glen School when the new school opens?
A - River Glen School will continue to offer great programs until the new school in Penhold is ready to open. At that time, Chinook’s Edge will
work closely with parents as we transition River Glen students to other schools in Chinook’s Edge School Division. These schools will
include the New School in Penhold, Jessie Duncan, Penhold School, Poplar Ridge, as well as schools in Sylvan Lake, Delburne, and
Innisfail. River Glen families have several options, as we work together to ensure their children continue to receive quality education in
our Chinook's Edge community schools.
Q - Will there be new attendance boundaries for 2014-2015?
A - Yes, the Board approved a series of boundary modifications that will come into effect for the 2014-2015 school here. Please visit our
2014 School Attendance Boundaries page for more information.
Q - How can parents and members of the public provide input to Chinook’s Edge School Division?
A - There are four primary opportunities for input for our new school in Penhold:
- Initial Telephone Survey – Completed September 21-October 21, 2011. Parents of 163 students were contacted.
- Public Forums – Our first forum was held on Monday, November 7, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at Penhold School. 100 parents and community
members were in attendance. Another forum will be planned for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Online Surveys and Email – Additional information will be gathered via online surveys and email during the next two years.
- Call or Email Us – If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact our Associate Superintendent
of System Services Ray Hoppins at 403-227-7071 or toll free at 1-800-561-9229. You can also email him at email@example.com.
Parental and Community Input
We collaborated with parents and members of the public through telephone conversations, email, and a public forum that was held on November 7, 2011.
If you would like to provide further input, please call Ray Hoppins at 403-227-7071 or toll free at 1-800-561-9229.
You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us plan for our new school in Penhold!
October 2010 Announcement - Board Accepts Consultants Recommendation for Penhold
May 2011 Announcement - A New School in Penhold!
February 2012 Announdement - Trustees approve configuration of Grades 7-12 for new school in Penhold
Town of Penhold
Penhold Regional Multiplex
ABC Schools Partnership